The vine snake has a slender body that can grow at a length of up to 1.5 meters, mostly living in shrubs and trees. They have a cryptic color that makes it easy for the snake to camouflage in their location. They are back-fanged and highly-toxic. Its venom can cause haematosis, which can lead to the failure of internal organs. To prevent a vine snake bite, keep on reading and learn from some of the insights that we will be sharing.
- Know Where to Go: The most important is to be vigilant, especially with regards to where you are going. If you are outdoors, it is best to avoid places where the vine snakes reside. With the way they are named, they look like vines when they hang in shrubs and trees.
- Wear the Right Boots: Another easy way to prevent vine snake bite is to have the right boots, including those that you can find here. Even if vine snakes are often hanging, there are instances when they also crawl on the ground. They are hard to spot when the grass is tall. This makes it important to protect the feet from the bite. It should not only be thick but also comfortable, allowing you to walk easily while having peace of mind.
- Make Traps: The best traps can also be effective in the prevention of vine snake bite. It can provide an assurance that the snake won’t be able to penetrate your property. The traps should be discrete and should also be able to camouflage so that the target won’t avoid it. It should also be strong enough to withstand the force of the snake it will be able to catch.
- Choose a Camping Location Wisely: Camping is a fun way to experience the outdoors. Nonetheless, it can also put you at risk. It puts you closer to vine snakes. To prevent being bitten, know where to set up your tent. Scout the area beforehand to be sure that it is free of threat.
- Keep it Clean: Prevention of snake bites will be possible if you keep the surroundings clean. Because vine snakes often hang in trees, regular trimming is a must so that you can have a clear sight of the branches. Get rid of clutter in the yard as well to eliminate the threat from snakes.
- Act Properly: This means that you should not act in such a way that vine snakes will be disturbed. Especially when you are in a forest or when camping, do not touch their natural habitat. More often than not, if you do not do anything that will make the snake feel threatened, they won’t be a threat to you! When you see a vine snake, do not strike it. Instead, it would be best to just quietly move away!